But is it really that simple? I found myself struggling to think of 10 reasons! Now is that because I’m failing as a mother, I don’t think so, but I do think that a lot of the times we, ladies especially, find it easy to point out our mistakes and imperfections – whether it be with our looks, wits or parenting skills, but asked to compliment yourself and “BAM” you hit the invisible wall! Or atleast I did to begin with.
That is why I think this #rockingmotherhood is great! It has forced me to sit down and reflect and compliment myself. Something I really want to get better at! To focus on the positives and let go, our atleast minimise the negativity. So here goes, 10 reasons why I rock as a mum, we will start in the lighter end of the spectrum:
- I do a mean Turkey impression that has Elliot in tears every time! No seriously I’ve even maintained my turkey neck aka double chin just for dramatic effect! Jokes aside, being able to laugh at yourself and goof around, be it at home or in public! As long as it puts a smile on my boys face I don’t care.
- We go places almost every day, Elliot and I, admitted sometimes it just as much a sanity saver for mummy, but we go to baby groups, bounce and rhyme and all sorts! He’s not even 1 and he already has more hobbies than his Mum!
- I have yet to forget to pack any baby essentials before we go out, despite massive baby-brain! (I know I probably just jinxed it and will soon find myself smack in the middle of M&S with a Poonami to tackle and no spare clothes or nappies!)
- I follow my child. I love being a mum and he is the single most important human being in the world to me! I follow his lead, if he needs extra cuddles and feeds during the night I don’t mind, I’ll sleep again one day I’m sure! But for now it’s about making sure he’s happy and feeling safe 24/7.
- I have taken multi tasking to a whole new level! BM (Before Motherhood) I thought I was being awesome when managing baking cake, sorting tea, writing the grocery list for the week and tidying all in one happy mix. Now add whilst breastfeeding/ singing nursery rhymes and/or wearing a baby! Now if that doesn’t make one feel like super-mom I don’t know what will!
- I have mastered the art of international travel with my baby on my own! Just me, him a sling and a ton of luggage. If you thought travelling BM was exhausting, well no one knows exhaustion like a sleep deprived mum trying to entertain/feed/juggle baby while frantically powerwalking to the gate before it closes! Read more on the subject here and here 🙂
- I share almost everything with Elliot, not on an emotional “what is troubling mummy today” kinda level, but in the sense that I bring him with me everywhere I go and by having him in the sling he’s sees what I see and gets to interact with me and the people around us, it’s wonderful sharing my life with him.
- I bake a lot – true he might not appreciate it yet, but one day I hope he will love the fact that he comes home from school to a cake fresh out of the oven or freshly baked rolls on a Sunday morning. Latest cake-creation can be found here.
- I set a goal to Breastfeed for at least 6 months and now at 10 months we are still going strong and I love all the milky cuddles and the awesome feeling I get from knowing that I’ve nurtured my little Pudding into what is now quite a heavy little boy. The female body is amazing!
- Last, but not least I’m patient. Now I’ll admit I asked J for help on this last one, I was running out of praise! The first thing that popped in to his mind was patience. As he puts it I’m so patient with the little guy, whatever mood he is in or however hard he is to get to fall asleep I will always be there by his side and ride the storm with him.
this has been such a joy to write! And I hope others will join in. I’d love to hear these ladies thoughts on the matter: Karen from twotinyhand, Angela from lifemotherhoodandeverything and Emma from Thenonperfectparents -what are your 10 Reasons? Look forward to reading/watching your replies.
- Thank the blogger that tagged you and link to their blog.
- List 10 things you believe make you a good mother.
- Tag 3 – 5 bloggers to join in the #RockingMotherhood Tag.
- Grab the #RockingMotherhood badge and add it to your post or sidebar.
Hope you enjoyed the read and the random selection of Elliot Cuteness! Snippets from our everyday life. Being a mum is great!